Being in my line of work I see it all. My job has been, for years, to make each one of my clients feel like a million bucks. Your Wedding Day is a day you want to look more beautiful than everyone in the room. So what about the rest of your life? Do you feel beautiful everyday? Because, to be honest, I sure don’t! Even when you see, what you think to be, the most beautiful woman who walked the face of this earth there is still underlying insecurity in her own mind. I have yet to meet a woman that wouldn’t change one thing about herself. Sometimes the most boastful women happen to be the most insecure.It is extremely hard in our society to feel like you meet the criteria of a a sexy woman. When all is stripped away, what is left? No makeup, hair pulled back, grungy clothes, over worked, tired and broken. Many women feel like this every once in a while (even the supermodels). The days you wake up and don’t want to put on your makeup or get out of your sweats! Those days can be a great way to recharge. It is easy for “those days” turn into “those weeks”, “those months” or even “those years”. You forget what it is like to get dressed up and feel amazing. At that point………. you NEED to bring your sexy back! Get out of that funk and feel hotter than hell!
So how can you do that? Definitely not buying an outfit that is too small that you will fit into when you loose 10 lbs. It is about finding things that make you feel great right now. This blog entry is dedicated to those in a funk who want to climb out and dominate the day! We have to jump start the “Hot Tamale Train” people!
I am not saying that being your best solely depends on your outward appearance. I think beauty runs deep. But, when I feel good about my outsides I am much more productive, confident and open to new things. All, of which, better my insides as well. It is really easy for us, as women, to hate on ourselves when we are in that “Sweatpants Funk”. Remember, a lack of self confidence can take a toll on our inner beauty sometimes. NO HATERS ALLOWED!!!
Every woman has the potential to feel and look like a their own 200%.
Here are some easy ways to feel hot in one day:
1. Workout – it feels good to get your endorphins going. If you are like me and hate working out: take a dance class, clean the house, take a walk or something that gets your heart rate up (be creative :) haha). You will be happy you did.
2. Buy a new outfit- get something that you can’t wait to put on when you get home. Make sure it fits and shows off your best asset.
3. Get your nails done- go for the extra long massage. It feels good to be pampered. Try something outside the box (i.e. red, sparkles, long & fake)
4. Get a wax- clean up your brows or anywhere else you have unwanted and un-sexy hair!
5. Take a bubble bath- without your cell phone (I am so addicted to my iphone so that is the hardest part) light a candle and stay in there longer than you might normally bathe.
6. Exfoliate- get a scrub and scrub the crap out of your skin. Especially your elbows & heels. Soft skin is amazing skin
7. Get a tan- now that it is winter we all feel pasty. If you get bronzed you feel like you lost 10 lbs. and you have an amazing glow. This is at the top of every “feel better” list.
8. Put on fake eyelashes- Who cares if it isn’t prom! Thick, long lashes are fun and make your eyes stand out. Shoot, while you are at it put on some darker makeup around your eyes too!!! Smokey is Sexy! (just don’t get carried away. We don’t want you to look like you just got socked!)
9. Add some longer, thicker hair- If you don’t want extensions clip some in. You can clip in hair and feel like a playmate. Everyone loves to have long and think hair from time to time (if you aren’t born with it, of course).
10. Wear Heals- this makes legs look longer and sexier! No need to explain further. If you are female get on board.
11. Vitamin B12- This can put you in a feel-better-mood. Do your own research on it. I don’t want to tell you to take something because I am not your Doc. but it gets you going in a positive way.
12. Your anti- “sweatpants funk” trick- we are all so different and have different ideas on how to vamp ourselfs up. Add to the list your favorite thing to make you feel your best.
These ladies definitely got out of the “Sweatpants Funk”!!!
Women have been amping up their appearance since the beginning of time. Don’t feel bad about it!Be your best and feel good about it! Take some time for YOU!!!!